Updated: Aug 1, 2021
My kids love all forms of pizza and someimes I get bored of feeding them the same things over and over again. So I decided to change it up a little and make these amazing pizza bombs instead. You can get your kids involved too and let them fill and roll the pizza bombs. My kids love deciding the toppings and then brushing the tops with the garlic butter. This is the perfect way to keep them busy for about 20 minutes.
Preparation Time 1 hour
Cook Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 pizza bombs
For the dough
2 cups flour (you may not need all of it)
2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
4 tablespoons Marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded pizza cheese
10 pepperonis- chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic- minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
extra marinara sauce for dipping
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and warm water in a bowl. Mix and let rise for 10-15 minutes.
2. Combine 1 cup flour, salt and garlic powder in a stand mixer with the dough hook attached.
3. Add the yeast mixture and the olive oil.
4. Mix on a low speed, then begin adding the rest of the flour 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together. You may not need to add all the flour. I only used 1/2 cup of flour.
5. Grease a bowl with some oil and place the dough in the bowl. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for half an hour or until doubled in size.
6. Once doubled in size, remove the dough from the bowl and form into 12 smaller balls.
7. Roll the balls out and fill with marinara sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni pieces. Close the ball back up and seal the bottom properly.
8. Place the dough balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, seal side down.
9. Combine the melted butter, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
10. Brush the tops of the pizza bombs with the garlic butter.
11. Bake the pizza bombs for 15-20 minutes until golden.
12. Brush with additional garlic butter if desired.
13. Serve immediately alongside some extra marinara sauce.
If you like what you see, please buy us a coffee! We appreciate the love!